Then & Now
John: This episode opens with perhaps the most gothic horror we've seen. The door shutting mysteriously, the lights going out, Vicki's inability to open the door... and then an unrecognizable, ghostly figure appears in the shadows — and then disappears. Despite Vicki not being traumatized by the events, I think we've officially turned a corner!
Christine: I thought it was obvious who the ghostly figure was.
John: Sitting in Burke's car, David had the look as if he was sitting on the bleeder valve again! David's acting in that particular scene is a lot weaker than I've come to expect from him. I wonder if he just was out of sorts shooting in 'the car.'
Christine: Roger says that David and Burke are the two people in the world he dislikes the most, and Vicki's response is that he has no reason to dislike Burke. The implication is that he has a reason to dislike David.
Shadows on the Wall
John: Who's in the portrait above Roger's liquor cabinet?
Christine: I believe that is a portrait of Joshua Collins, father of Barnabas. Note the resemblance.
John: Burke's reveal of the valve is an interesting play, but a perfect end to this week. Is he going to throw his pal 'Dave' under the bus?
What did you notice during this viewing that you had never noticed before?



























No comments:
Post a Comment