Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Shadows on the Wall: Episode 59

   

Before continuing, you may enjoy revisiting our original 50th anniversary summary and commentary: https://dsb4idie.blogspot.com/2016/09/episode-59-91566.html


Then & Now

John: Ten years later, I still believe Roger choosing NOT to drink can only be construed as a sign of his guilt.

Christine: Yes, but it's due to his guilt over the manslaughter business rather than the murder that has him reluctant to loosen his lips with his favorite beverage. 

John: At some point, you'd think Liz or Roger would have told the Sheriff that they didn't want to answer any more questions without their lawyer present.

Christine: They may have if Frank and Richard Garner had already been cast. 

John: It's pretty creepy how happy David is, until it's clear that he's just excited because he believes his father is getting arrested for Bill Malloy's murder. I do love the glance they exchange after the Sheriff leaves.

Christine: I find it more creepy that he scrubbed the dirt off his face and suited up for the occasion. 

John: I still think Roger's 'confession' is a little too detailed for him to have fabricated on the spot. Kinda like when O.J. wrote the book, "If I Did It."


Shadows on the Wall

John: No brooch for Elizabeth today?

Christine: Here I thought you'd show some enthusiasm for the Sheriff positively identifying the portrait of Benjamin Collins in the foyer. While he says that the history of the Collins family has always fascinated him, it is unusual that he knew the name of Roger's great uncle, especially considering that Benjamin doesn't appear to have been a particularly notable figure in Collins family history. 


John: I was pleased that we got a history lesson without having to ask for it!

Some memorable moments…





















No comments: