Then & Now
John: It's interesting that neither Vicki nor Carolyn were specific that they saw Bill Malloy's body. We all assumed it was Bill because he's been missing... but the writers chose to backpedal on that notion.
You'd think the ladies of Collinwood were asking Roger to kill a spider the way he avoided being the one to go check and see if there was a dead man at the base of Widow's Hill. I don't know if he's afraid to see a dead body, or if he's afraid to see Bill's dead body.
Christine: The fact that he looked concerned when hearing about the dead body makes me think he suspected Sam might have done Bill in and then called him to see if Evans had dispatched their problem. Why else would he tell Elizabeth that they shouldn't involve the police?
John: 10 years ago I assumed Matthew was responsible for moving Bill's body. At this point I still think it looks like Roger is responsible for the death, and Matthew is just an accessory after the fact...
Christine: Since we know who's responsible for the death, it's interesting to see how well he covered for himself, even admitting he expected to find Bill Malloy down on the rocks. Elizabeth was right to be suspicious. It's possible he didn't consider that the corpse might resurface and cause additional problems for the Collins family.
John: Carolyn asking her if she could bunk with her seemed to catch Vicki off guard — she momentarily forgot her line about the cocoa.
Shadows on the Wall
John: Roger takes a swig in the name of sarcasm!
Is it me, or has Roger's scar been crawling up his head towards his hairline? I don't recall it having so much of a curve previously. And it's too late now to insert a scar-tracker. We can make a note for the 70th anniversary re-watch in HD.
Christine: I think it depends on the angle and lighting, but the scar appears anchored to his second forehead wrinkle, though it looks quite different in Episodes 39 and 40. It's never too late for a scar-tracker! Be careful what you wish for. The photo evidence below is all the effort I feel like putting into it, though.
Also, forget HD. I expect we'll be doing the 70th anniversary re-watch with holographic video and will be able to measure that scar up close and personal.
John: I loved Roger's reaction to Vicki telling him what David saw in his crystal ball! I'd have bet money he was right on this particular premonition.
As threatened, here's the unofficial Roger Collins Scar-Tracker…
![]() |
| Today's episode |
![]() |
| Today's episode |
![]() |
| Episode 50 |
![]() |
| Episode 47 |
![]() |
| Episode 46 |
![]() |
| Episode 45 |
![]() |
| Episode 41 |
![]() |
| Episode 40 |
![]() |
| Episode 39 |
A few more things worth noticing…































No comments:
Post a Comment