Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Shadows on the Wall: Episode 20

    

Before continuing, you may enjoy revisiting our original 50th anniversary summary and commentary: https://dsb4idie.blogspot.com/2016/07/episode-20-72216.html


Then & Now

John: Didn't Roger just say that he wanted Vicki by his side at all times when he confronted Burke? Now he's planting her in the diner while he goes up alone? 

Burke offers Roger a drink and he doesn't immediately take him up on it. Talk about crazy behavior in Collinwood!

The real Maggie Evans has arrived! I wonder if back in the day anyone thought that they brought in a new actress. From this episode onward, she's turned the corner and is now a favorite!

Christine: Not only does he not accept the offer of a drink, but I thought Roger actually said, "I don't drink, thanks." Has Parallel Time already begun?

With all Sam's bellowing, it's no wonder Maggie has a headache. Though perhaps it was the lack of a promotion that prompted her to cut out early so she could relax at home with tea and cookies while expecting her pop to be out boozing around town.


Shadows on the Wall

John: I wonder if Sam Evans was contracted to provide paintings for the rooms in the hotel.

For all the glassware that's been broken in the show in these first few weeks, Burke's glass not only sounds like a plastic cup... the sound of it hitting the ground comes far too late (it does appear to have bounced off the couch, but it still sounds off).

Sam's Collinwood portrait is the most interesting one we've seen to date.

Christine: The paintings in the hotel rooms do seem to fit his style. I think he could have done a wonderful portrait of Bill Malloy, with or without the seaweed. 

I believe this is our first look at The Collinsport Star, which will feature many dramatic headlines in future episodes.


What small detail from this episode deserves a closer look?

















No comments: