Monday, August 31, 2026

Shadows on the Wall: Episode 48

   

Before continuing, you may enjoy revisiting our original 50th anniversary summary and commentary: https://dsb4idie.blogspot.com/2016/08/episode-48-83166.html

Then & Now

John: While David can deliver a line of dialogue reasonably well, as a young actor he hasn't grasped the act of 'doing business'. His shuffling through his artwork does not communicate that he's trying to find something so much as it looks like someone told him to rustle the papers with no particular purpose. 

Looks like we've got a Yoshiya Chief Robotman on David's desk today!


As I pointed out ten years ago, it's not unreasonable for David to be upset about Vicki taking his drawing without his permission. Sounds like she needs to brush up on her Charley and Humphrey: 

Christine: Elizabeth finds out Roger lied to her. I hope the decanters are refilled and ready to go. 


Shadows on the Wall

John: Sam might be the perfect artist to introduce David to; the similarity in the way they tear up their artwork is uncanny! 

It looks like Liz is wearing the same feather plume brooch as the other day. I would imagine she has cases of jewelry in the mansion to choose from...

Christine: I believe many of her pieces are family heirlooms. We'll have to keep an eye out to see if the brooch was something Naomi Collins or another ancestor adorned herself with in the past.

John: I think we should track David's prognostications with his new crystal ball!

  1. Carolyn won't marry Joe
  2. Carolyn will marry Burke Devlin
  3. Bill Malloy was killed by Roger
Christine: The question is, does the crystal ball belong in the toy collection, or perhaps in the occult objects collection? Unless his prognostication rate improves, I would say it probably belongs in the toy collection. 


I flipped this image of David's drawing but I don't know if that makes it any easier to tell what it is. 



Some other interesting things to discover…















No comments: