Sunday, August 16, 2026

Shadows on the Wall: Episode 37

   

Before continuing, you may enjoy revisiting our original 50th anniversary summary and commentary: https://dsb4idie.blogspot.com/2016/08/episode-37-81666.html


Then & Now

John: Nice transition between Roger filling his glass and Sam taking a drink from his!

Christine: There's an interesting parallel between Roger drinking and then turning on Vicki and Sam drinking and then turning on Maggie. It does seem like a rather extreme leap for Roger to compare his verbal abuse of Vicki to the Holocaust, though. 



John: 10 years later, and I still can't believe Maggie didn't immediately open her father's letter!

Roger seemed to be completely emasculated after he told Vicki she could tell his sister about their conversations — and then she called his bluff and started upstairs. I'd like to blame his drinking, but I think that's just the nature of his character.

Shadows on the Wall

John: Who sleeps with a  bow in their hair? And just to confirm, I'm not calling for a bow-tracker!

And is it just me, or is it odd to have a fire burning in the drawing room fireplace in the middle of the night?

Christine: It appears someone has been rearranging items in the basement. Perhaps the mess down there is what's causing the crying. 

Today's episode

Episode 6

Today's episode

Episode 6

What did you notice this time that you had never noticed before?





















No comments: