Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Shadows on the Wall: Episode 35

   

Before continuing, you may enjoy revisiting our original 50th anniversary summary and commentary: https://dsb4idie.blogspot.com/2016/08/episode-35-81266.html


Then & Now

John: The real Sam Evans has arrived! The one who could spot a hangover from a mile away!

John: Joe should have explained to Sam that Maggie had the day off today.

I don't remember Carolyn thanking Vicki for calling her an idiot. I do wonder if 'idiot' was the '60s television acceptable substitute for calling someone a 'bitch.' 

Christine: I think idiot was the appropriate term in this case, regardless of the time period. Carolyn was being an idiot, though what may have set her off was that Vicki didn't bother to tell her where she was going when she asked to borrow her car, even though Vicki was well aware that Carolyn is infatuated with Burke. Vicki probably intended to keep it to herself, but big mouth Joe just couldn't wait to pour some cold water on Carolyn with that juicy news. 

John: I also forgot Sam's extreme close-up monologue. That alcohol sure works fast!

Christine: New Sam may have been trying to match the volume of Old Sam. 


Shadows on the Wall

John: So — will Sam Evans give Roger Collins a run for his money in the drinking department? 

Christine: Oh, I expect that he will. 

John: Why is it that Vicki never hangs up coats? This isn't the first time she just left one on the table in the foyer.

Christine: There's no coat rack. 

The sculpture by the couch in Burke's hotel room in yesterday's episode has been replaced by some nondescript container or cigarette holder. I wonder if yesterday's intriguing item will reappear elsewhere in Collinsport. 

Today's episode

Episode 34

What stood out to you during this viewing of the episode?















No comments: