Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Shadows on the Wall: Episode 74

   

Before continuing, you may enjoy revisiting our original 50th anniversary summary and commentary: https://dsb4idie.blogspot.com/2016/10/episode-74-10666.html


Then & Now

Christine: What a glorious day on Dark Shadows (over an accidental death)! Roger appears on the verge of breaking out into song and dance, and Carolyn is ready to defend David when Elizabeth starts to bawl him out, right up until he blows her cover by inadvertently letting Liz know Carolyn was at Burke's hotel room with him. 

John: Ten years ago I commented on Roger's reaction to the coroner's report — but to see even Carolyn giddy about the news is particularly odd. I could understand being relieved, but it's not exactly news to celebrate.

Christine: David asks Burke if he ever killed anybody, just as he asked Vicki. Vicki's response was, "I'm afraid not," while Burke says, "Not that I remember." I'm not sure which response is the most disturbing. Perhaps she and Burke are cut out for each other. 


John: Mitchell Ryan really knocked one out of the park today; showing his range from being amiable and humorous to downright threatening. I really enjoyed Burke's confrontation with the Sheriff. 

Shadows on the Wall

John: Roger all but forced Liz to drink to Bill Malloy's 'accidental' death. Have we ever seen her drink anything other than tea?

I have to admit I'm disappointed that David has all but forgone his Crystal Ball in exchange for the influence of the ghosts/Widows of Collinwood.

And is it just me, or did they make far too much about the fountain pen, given that everyone other than the writers appear to have forgotten it? 

Christine: I love the noirish shadows of the blinds from Burke's kitchenette. They add to the feeling that he could be hiding women or plotting some crimes of vengeance in his hotel room. 


A few more things worth noticing…



























No comments: