Monday, September 28, 2026

Shadows on the Wall: Episode 68

   

Before continuing, you may enjoy revisiting our original 50th anniversary summary and commentary: https://dsb4idie.blogspot.com/2016/09/episode-68-92866.html


Then & Now

John: As I mentioned 10 years ago, it's a highlight to see Louis Edmonds prepping behind the slate before today's episode.  And then equally exciting to see a location shot (even if only a re-used shot) cut into the show. 

Christine: Roger is so devious the way he charms Vicki and then manipulates David into doing something to get rid of her. I wonder if his asking her out to dinner is a backup plan in case David fails. Does he intend to put the moves on her to scare her off? What's his plan?

John: And why is it that Vicki just rolls with Roger' yo-yo behavior. Is it a Pollyanna complex? And his scheming to get rid of Vicki has seemingly fooled David. Add to that Carolyn's back-and-forth with Joe... I guess it just runs in the family. 

Christine: Carolyn is right. Joe is a square. Too bad Buzz Hackett isn't around yet.


Shadows on the Wall

Christine: Perhaps it's time we start tracking Roger's glasses. We last saw him using these in Episode 45 when he was reading the newspaper at Collinwood. Today, he is using them to make himself appear productive at work. I love how he quickly puts on his glasses and pulls a folder from his desk drawer to busy himself after the Sheriff is announced. 

John: Paging Roger's Scar tracker — it seems to have all but disappeared since we last saw it. 

Christine: I think it just disappeared into a forehead wrinkle. 

Why is Vicki placing the Collins family history book on the sofa? Is that any way to treat the holy history tome?


Here are a few more things worth noticing…






























No comments: