Then & Now
Christine: "He hardly drank at all"? Where was Vicki during the gathering at the Evans house when Sam had a glass in hand or was reaching for the bottle for refills throughout the evening? Perhaps she wanted to push back on Roger's claim that Sam was probably drunk and the cause of their unpleasant evening.
John: I'm beginning to think that Sam's drinking is so pervasive, people around him (and viewers like me) somehow start to overlook it.
Christine: "Sam, if you came here to talk me out of saving your neck, the answer is no. It's too late for that." So is Burke saving Sam's neck or not? I'm confused.
John: Burke withholds alcohol from Sam to get him to talk. Smart guy, that Devlin.
Christine: "I have a rather personal fetish for accurateness." Perhaps someone should explain to Roger what a fetish is. Oh, he meant that kind of fetish. Or did he?
John: I feel the same way I did 10 years ago. Let's say Vicki doesn't already think Roger is guilty (being responsible for Burke being jailed, or for the death of Bill Malloy). Wouldn't his continued behavior start to convince her otherwise?
Shadows on the Wall































No comments:
Post a Comment